New Lydney Heritage Walk is live on the Real Town Tours mobile app.
Coleford, surprisingly for an isolated market town, had two railway stations. The Severn and Wye Railway wound its way up from Lydney, arriving in 1875, and it is this station which formed the basis of the model. Passenger traffic on the S&W ceased in 1929, but the line remained open until 1967 with dispatches of free miners’coal, and daily ballast trains from Whitecliff Quarry, and receipts of general goods and household coal. The model was based closely on Coleford and assumed that…
Lydney Town Cross, Lydney 1890-1900
The Recreation Ground, Lydney Town
Comedy Of Errors opening the Sunday of Summer's End 2012 at Lydney Town Hall. 2012-09-30. Check this out!