Undoubtedly as this is the summers hottest new anime, I’m not alone in this project, but regardless I intend to do a build summary as I work. I will also be molding mine to make kits for sale or art trades. I’ve seen a lot of references out there, but I’ve noticed some inconsistencies in the eye catches and some of the internet fan references. I went ahead and vectored my own pattern based on a combination of those references, as well as from screen shots from the anime. Since starting this I had to reduce the width from my initial speculation… Now if you’re new to my work, I’m a firm advocator of sintra and styrene layering techniques. And honestly you can make practically anything out of them cheaply and cleanly. Now for the record my build is not going to have triggers and spring loaded clamps to hold blades in place. The reason why is every reference I’ve seen and compared does not logically address the dimensions of the base of the blades. seeing as they would over lap into areas they shouldn’t I felt like having a solid blade thats more accurate would be better then a clamping mechanism that forces me to change the design to something inaccurate. also I’m not convinced it would be particularly stable. But since the blade will not be casted, theres still a compartment to slip the blade in. Anywho I started by cutting a base shape out of 6mm sintra and then cutting out cavities for the blade, hammer and the front bicycle handle thingy. And then sandwiched that between too sheets of 8mm sintra to create a base. I cut out the trigger part of the blue print on the 8mm layers to create a nice depth. From that I began layering off of the base. I cut two pieces of .040 pieces of styrene in the shape of the top part to give a nice raised section and on the side with the two buttons I used a precision heat knife to cut out the trenches that the buttons go into. I think cut the two buttons out of 3mm sintra and glued them in their sockets. Next I added a 3mm sintra strip to both sides of the very top. And two 6mm strips near the bottom to create flesh out the raised sections. I should mention at this point that I do a lot of rough sanding with 60 grit sandpaper to help make curves in the bottom pieces as well as to help pieces be even. Its a good practice to cut your pieces slightly larger than you need them. (very slight like barely outside the line you trace from your patterns) and to sand them even once you glue them. I’m still going to have to go back and fill in some spots with bondo to make the edges cleaner, but that can come later. :P Next up Strips of .040 styrene were bent and glued to the sides of the handle to make the detailing. The hammer piece was made using a piece of 6mm sintra with small strips of .040 styrene on the top sided to make the raised sections on the hammer. And the tube holder thing on the other side was made with another piece of 6mm sintra and sanded round and glued to the side. (i’m going to drill a hole into that next to make space for the tube to go into. ) Next up were the grips on the handles. I started off by printing some grid paper in a size I though looked accurate. I then cut out the two handle grips out of 3mm sintra and glued a strip of the grid paper roughly the shape over it using a cheap washable glue stick. (the kind you may remember eating in kindergarten). When gluing it I started at the same spot so the grids would be as even as I could get them on both piece. Using my trusty precision heat knife I simply cut the notches in the 3mm sintra by cutting through the paper, following the lines. Whats really awesome about this technique is you can follow complex patterns ( like when I used this technique to make the vorpal blade details) and the heat knife sort of burns the paper to where its cut out so it doesn’t move on you much if at all when following it and once you are done cutting all of your details you can simply use running water and your fingers to clean off all the paper and glue. Lastly I started the bike handle bar thing by sandwiching a 8mm piece of sintra between two sheets of 3mm sintra. I sanded in both sides at an angle to give it the slight narrowing it does and sanded and cleaned up the sides. I also attached the two side things towards the top by cutting two strips of 3mm sintra and gluing then on thier respective layers, slightly overlapping them. I need to double check the references to see if I need to round that piece off or not.