Power plant to Energy museum and restaurant. Housed in the former Tejo Power Station, Lisbon’s Museu da Electricidade is a landmark building located in the historic Belem district. The coal-burning power station replaced the smaller Junqueira plant (built on the same site in 1908) in 1919 and operated until 1976. The building now houses a permanent exhibition, including components of the original thermoelectric equipment. There are also exhibits focussing on renewable energy.