Published on April 22, 2021
3h 45 min
- •3 1/4 cups flour
- •1 cup strawberry powder
- •1 cup butter, cubed and chilled
- •1/3 cup ice water
- •1 egg, for egg wash
- •4 cups strawberries, stems removed and quartered
- •1/2 cup sugar
- •3 teaspoons cinnamon
- •Whipped cream, to serve
- •In a food processor, add the flour, strawberry powder and butter and process until the butter has just mixed through. Add water and process until the dough starts to come together. Shape dough into a ball, then cover it with plastic wrap and let it chill for 30 minutes.
- •Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll half of the dough out to 1/4 inch thick. Press into the bottom of a pie plate. Refrigerate for 1 hour, then line with foil, fill with baking beads and blind bake for 20 minutes. Brush the inside with egg wash, and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
- •In a mixing bowl, combine the strawberries, sugar and cinnamon. Pour into pie crust.
- •Roll out the remaining pastry and cut heart shapes for strawberries. Cut snowflake pastry shapes in half to make the leaves. Make seeds from tiny balls of pastry. Decorate the top of the pie with the shapes.
- •Bake for 30 minutes, then allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving with a spoonful of whipped cream.